Antartica, fairytale land with the largest freshwater body, is the giant continent which lies at the bottom of the earth that is ruled by penguins and seals. Antarctica is a place that many travelers and scientists would like to go for the expedition but only few reach.
This coldest place on the earth where the temperature could go to −63 °C (−81 °F) during the winter time but that doesn’t stop inhabitants. Around 1,000 to 5,000 people reside throughout the year at the research stations scattered across the continent.
Antarctica is a de facto condominium, governed by parties to the Antarctic Treaty System (signed by thirty-five countries) that have consulting status. This treaty prohibits from military activities, mineral mining, nuclear explosions and waste disposal but supports scientific research, and protects the continent’s ecozone. Nevertheless, Antarctica always remains a mystery and some of us have unheard of its fact.
5. Antarctica Was Once Warm As California Today.
4. Antarctica Is The Only Continent That Has No Time Zone And No Reptiles.
3. 90% Of The World’s Fresh Water Is Found In Antarctica.
2. Antarctica has a waterfall, strangely enough, the water from the waterfall turns into a blood red color.
1. You cannot work in Antarctica unless your molars are pulled out and your appendix is healed
Author: Adam Nicholas